I love rains. It’s not just being bowled over by it’s stunning cold feeling when it hits your face. But also the aroma of wet soil associated to it. God I wish I was somewhere in the middle of Thar Desert as I am writing this post. But I am in Bengaluru right now. And there are some amazing places to welcome the monsoons out here.
1) Varkala :
- Land of Shiva.
- The only place in southern Kerala where cliffs are found adjacent to the Arabian Sea.
- Authentic ayurvedic massage.
- Magical experience of having beer while it’s raining into the Arabian Sea.
- No wonder they call it “God’s own country”.There diversity in places like Varkala, Munnar or Wayanad.
Read more @50 shades of Green : Kerala
- Nature at it’s best, specially in Monsoon!
- Coffee Lover’s Paradise!
- The Scotland of India!!!
- Less commercialized than places like Ooty.
Read more @Sky full of stars : Coorg
- Amazing mix of French & Indian culture.
- Sit at one of the coffee shops on Goubert Avenue & enjoy the rains with a cup of coffee.
- Soothe your mind with a visit to the ever so calm : Auroville
- Rent a scooter & go on a food safari.
Read more @Give time a break : Pondicherry
- There are lot’s of unexplored beaches in Goa. So every visit to Goa turns out to be something new.
- Treks like Dudhsagar becomes even more enchanting while it’s raining.
- There’s no other party place in India like Goa!
- Are you broke & still wish to booze to the fullest ? Go Goa!
Read more@High On life : Goa
And here’e the video blog @Goa Diaries : My first Vlog
- It’s greener than you can imagine.
- Don’t forget to try Munnar tea 🙂
- You can get some incredible clicks on the lush green mountains 😉
Read more @God’s own painting : Munnar
- Less commercialized than Goa
- Some really cool laid-back beaches where you will forget about the rest of the world!
- No wonder they call it “The Hippy’s Paradise”
Read more @Hippy’s Paradise : Gokarna
- Some 280 kms from Bangalore and takes you ages ago!
- I was there when it was raining in Chennakesava temple & it was divine!
- Some delicious food offerings around the temple.
- Just sit back & meditate 😉
- Mysore is an amazing place for road-trips.
- Just drive through the mountains when it’s raining.
- If you are a history lover, then Summer & Winter palaces of Mysore are things you must not miss!
Read more @Journey is my destination : Mysore
- The place where the highest peak of Karnataka lies, has so much to offer.
- The treks to places like Mullayangiri becomes even more adventurous during monsoon.
Read more @Into the Clouds : Chikmagalur
I know you must be wondering where is the tenth place 😛 Happy monsoon. Enjoy your tea 😉